April 30, 2021

exercise notes, mmxxi-iv-xxx

The Concept2 company makes indoor skiers, rowers and bikes, and hosts competitions and challenges throughout the year. The company also publishes an "annual meters honor board" on its website for everyone who averages at least 1,500 meters a day on its equipment. The season runs from May 1 - April 30. For the 2020/2021 season I averaged 8,500 meters per day on the skier, which put me in 8th place (of 382) internationally, and 6,500 meters per day on the rower, or 1,516th place (of 19,271) internationally, for a combined total of 15,000 meters per day, or 242nd place (of 21,976) on the overall board. (The company sells a lot more rowers than skiers and bikes.) And yes, I did the math on the last few days to ensure my overall totals landed squarely on the even numbers - it's easier to remember that way. I spent an average of about 1-1/2 hours per day on the machines, though actually I started slow so I was doing a lot more toward the end of the year to hit my goals. I might purchase one of the company's bikes in the coming months - the rower and skier complement each other nicely, but the bike would add more thigh to the mix.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! that's one lot of exercise!! I figure I'm good if I walk every day for at least
    30 minutes--sometimes as much as an hour.
    Happy May!!

    ReplyDelete