November 19, 2018

mule notes, mmxviii-xi-xix

Cora got a hoof trim today. She doesn't like having her feet messed with but she was pretty good for the farrier. Her back right hoof seems to be twisting inward a little - the farrier thinks that might indicate a hock or hip or back issue on her left side. I haven't really noticed her favoring it, but we'll have to keep an eye on that.
After her trim we grazed for awhile and then went for a nice trail walk. I'm trying to get her more comfortable visiting the back part of the ranch before we do any riding back there - she's super wary, and I don't need her bolting out from underneath me. (In the top picture she's reacting to a bird flitting around in the junipers.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is important to feel safe (humans, too)-
    and familiar with the territory.
    (That' s how I feel about driving places)

    ReplyDelete