August 9, 2018

mule notes, mmxviii-viii-ix

I spent about a minute on Cora's back today - first time I've been on her. Look at those ears! :)
I stroked her mane, rubbed her neck, scratched her butt and took this picture, then got off.
I was tempted to try more, but no, no, we're taking this easy. Baby steps.
Bitless and bareback - she's wearing a rope halter and a bareback pad.
(It's likely she's never been ridden without a bunch of tack, but there's no way to know.)
I was going to wait and do this with my instructor present, but I felt like I had to be wholly focused on Cora, you know, not splitting my attention between my instructor and my mule.
It could have ended badly, I guess, but I was wearing my helmet and I had to believe in us.
She is heart-thumpingly wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo. look at her wearing her ears backward! Attention!!!

    ReplyDelete