May 25, 2018

mule notes, mxviii-v-xxv



I let Cora loose in the arena for some playtime. She did a little loping and then said, "I'm outta here," and climbed straight up the rock wall and took herself grazing and would not be caught. My two thoughts when she left the arena were, "Wow, I have to take her to the mountains," and, "Whoa, what have I gotten myself into?" I let her alone so she could go make all the horses jealous of her free roaming before I went to gather her up, and after she ran away from me a few times I was finally able to bribe her with carrots to get her back into her halter and then back to her paddock. (Aria, lol - just can't quite figure out what kind of equine she's lookin' at. And check out how Cora is keeping one ear on Aria and the other squarely on me. As she grazes nonchalantly la de da.)

2 comments: