May 11, 2018

mule notes, mmxviii-v-xi

Cora Graymule and I had a long, quiet grooming session today, lots of back and forth, lots of deep breathing. She leaned into some feather light strokes of the super soft goat hair brush around her eyes and the base of her ears and forehead. She doesn't like me messing with her legs but she forbore it (only briefly on the right front). This is a sensitive creature - I'm thinking the key to communicating with her will be through the softest words and the smallest gestures. And oh my gosh she's beautiful.

In other news, I got to drag the arena - that's where you drag a giant heavy metal rake behind the tractor through the arena sand. It's like a dusty zamboni. The end result was horrible but shut up it's both fun and frightening to drive a tractor through sharp corners without smashing the arena fence and the horse obstacles and all the trees and shrubbery and stuff. 

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 11, 2018

    now I know why Old Testament kings rode mules--and had their own
    royal mule.
    Good skill learning on the dust-zamboni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 13, 2018

    That is one handsome face :)

    ReplyDelete