September 23, 2017

lesson notes, mmxvii-ix-xxiii








After our lesson I got to take Leda on a solo trail ride - my first - and it was so awesome. We'd been a little off and on in the arena, and then it took me a while to get her pointed toward the trailhead, but once we were on the trails we totally clicked - she was listening for and responding to the tiniest cues.  Sometimes when you get that connection it's like time stands still and lets you be in the moment, you know, not quite knowing where you end and the fall flowers and the morning sunshine begin. (Oh yeah at one point we startled a large non-venomous snake and Leda was rock solid.) Later I visited with Hot Shot and Lady and said "so long" to the ponies, who are leaving for their new home soon.
What a great morning. I love this place.

1 comment:

  1. --and I love your sharing: the horses, the flowers, the trail, the experience!

    ReplyDelete