September 16, 2017

lesson notes, mmxvii-ix-xvi





Got to ride the lovely Leda again his morning. We had a fantastic lesson, with at least six or seven "aha" moments. Kelly talked us through a silky-smooth transition from walk to trot just by increasing our energy; I felt my back picking up the rhythm instead of bracing against it. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm starting feel like I might be able to get it. Leda's not going to make it super easy, but we were having a conversation today.

Lady has taken to hanging out with Hot Shot. Never would have called that one - they have such different personalities - but it's super cool to see them together. She let me brush her face with the goat-hair brush this morning. (They all seem to like that one - lots of sighing and licking, lol.)

The ponies, Hansel and Gretel, look sooo much better than they did just a couple weeks ago - the folks at this ranch do some truly amazing work with these creatures.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Is Hot Shot still having trouble with his feet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but he's moving nicely - lots of pasture time.

      Delete
    2. Good names for the ponies :)

      Delete