March 25, 2014

snippets, 3-25-2014

"...Our life is simple and innocent. We are untouched by ambition, and what pride we have is due only to our contemplation of the work of our hands. Malice cannot touch us, nor envy attack...I am a happy man."

"I am sure you deserve to be," I smiled.

"I wish I could think so. I do not know how I have deserved to have a wife who was the perfect friend and helpmate, the perfect mistress and the perfect mother."

-The Moon and Sixpence, W. Somerset Maugham

:)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good book, too. I almost gave it five stars, but that bar is awfully high - Kristin, The Interior Castle, War and Peace.

      Delete
  2. Okay, this is the 2nd time I've tried to leave a comment....not sure why it won't save.
    I hope that you are referring this snippet to me. However, I'm not worthy, but I do love you!

    ReplyDelete