May 17, 2013

field notes, v-xvii-xiii



Our four o'clocks are huge this year. They're getting more sun since the chinaberry's gone.

Saw my first firefly of the year this morning. Summer is here.

Ondine saved me from an angry chihuahua last night. The yappy little crapper a couple doors down was loose in his front yard. He came charging at us, barking. I thought he was reacting to Ondine, but he passed right by her and came after me. Ondine quickly wheeled around and planted herself squarely between me and the dog and let out a mighty "ROWF." He backed off and kept barking, but he was done at that point. I thanked her kindly and we continued on our way.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 17, 2013

    Ooooh, Firefly! we don't get them here.

    Kudos to Ondine==man's best friend, indeed.

    ReplyDelete