February 20, 2012

who's uptown now baby

Our phone contract was up so we bit the bullet and got iPhone 3Gs. We've always just done voice and text before this, but the iPhones were free with the new contract, and we got the least expensive data plan. We'll see how it goes. Welcome to the machine, huh? I put mine in my room. Bren got mad because I set a timer with a duck-quack alarm and then forgot it and went outside to play with the dogs. Old people shouldn't be allowed to play with technology.

In other news, I just got a ridiculously expensive and beautiful pair of old-school, hand-stitched leather hiking boots. Hiking in them without breaking them in, though, was a mistake. I wore them to walk Aries a mile and got home thinking they might need liners, so I bought some liners at Academy and then walked Ondine two miles, which resulted in blisters on my heels. So, um, duh, for now I'm just wearing them for knocking around, at least until we get to know each other better.

1 comment:

  1. I am still laughing about "Bren got mad because I set a timer with a duck-quack alarm and then forgot it and went outside to play with the dogs."

    ReplyDelete